- PGA of America Class A Member
- Australasian Tour Player for nine years
- Taught for world-renowned instructor Hank Haney for 10 years
- Trained under Top Golf Specialists Jim Hardy, Norman Von Nida, Steve Bann and Dale Lynch
- Certified Level 2 Plane Truth Golf Instructor
- Certified Club Fitter for Adams, Ping, Cleveland and Callaway
- 2008 North East Regional Ping Club Fitter of the Year and incorporates the use of Trackman Doppler radar in his club fitting sessions
- 2016 CT Section Senior Club Professional Champion, 2010 CT Section PGA Match Play Champion & 2012 CT Section PGA Club Professional Champion
- Head Golf Professional at member-owned private clubs since 2005
- Retail Manager for Ray Drummonds Golf Shop in Melbourne, Australia
- National Sales Manager for Australian Distributor for Mizuno Golf
Paul was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. In 1983 and 1984 he caddied for former British Open Champion Bob Charles in Australian Tour events in the Melbourne area. The experience, excitement, and exposure to the world of professional golf would leave an indelible impression on him. What better profession to be a part of than professional golf! In 1983 he joined Yarra Yarra Golf Club, one of the top Australian golf clubs located in Melbourne’s famous sandbelt area. Along with fellow teammates Robert Allenby and David Diaz, Paul helped form a seven-man team that would rival any amateur team in the State of Victoria.
In 1989 he secured his playing privileges on the Australian Tour. Over nine years he competed in tournaments worldwide including South East Asia, Europe, United States and Australia. He has won 26 tournaments as a professional and has held a number of course records with his lowest competitive round being 62.
On the recommendation of Chip Beck, three time Ryder Cup player, he ventured to the USA in 1992 to take instruction from Hank Haney. In 1995 he started teaching for Hank and by 1999 was one of the head golf operators for Hank Haney Golf, Inc. While working for Hank he assisted in building the current Hank Haney Headquarters in Lewisville, Texas. Paul has been a student of Jim Hardy since 1995. Paul credits both Hank Haney and Jim Hardy as having the biggest influence on his playing and teaching.
In 2005 Paul and his wife Jennifer relocated to the Northeast to be closer to her family. He was hired as the Head Golf Professional at the Philadelphia Cricket Club Militia Hill course. While at the Cricket Club he conducted regular teaching seminars to Golf Professionals. In 2006 nearby Meadowlands Country Club hired him as their Head Golf Professional. He and Jennifer started the Barnsley Golf Academy @ MCC to promote golf through player development initiatives.
In April 2009 they moved further north to a wonderful opportunity at Race Brook Country Club. Paul followed a professional who had been at the club for 35 years. He is the sixth golf professional in the club’s 100 year history. He and Jennifer were hired as a team to update, organize and modernize the golf operation; bring added value to the club through their playing, teaching and club fitting expertise; and develop and promote golf to their members and prospective members through player development programs.